Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wobbly Legs

Dave left for Brazil today. He's only gone for 1 and a half weeks. Later this summer, he'll be leaving for an entire month. I feel like his shorter initial trip is to get my feet wet while I struggle to remember what it is like to be on my own again. I don't have any standing dinner dates and there's no one to talk to about a hectic work day. It's just still. Quiet. I'm more reflective and less ballsy. My legs feel wobbly, like a child figuring out how to take his stride a little faster. But there's a definite depression looming. There's plenty to get done in the next 10 days and I'm hoping this keeps my mind numbingly busy so the emptiness doesn't set in.

By the way, painting is the slowest task ever. So much priming left to do. Luckily, I have some friends that are willing to paint for pizza and beer.

No comments: