Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Done Deal

Escrow closed two weeks ago and we've finished demo. We have our new contractor Fernando and his crew scraping ceilings, patching holes and retexturizing walls. Floors are bought and they are en route, to be installed in two weeks. Next step: Painting. Choosing paint colors is sort of giving me a mini panic attack. What if I choose the wrong ones? What if they don't match? What if it looks really REALLY ugly? My perfectionism is aiding in my procrastination and it's an obstacle I'm ready to slap in the face. I'm going with red, dark grayish black, khaki, and white for trim. don't worry, nothing will actually be painted the dark grayish black ... well, except for the kitchen cabinets. I have a vision. There may also be a blue/green in the bedroom. But it's paint -- it can be edited at a later date, right? Watch for pictures. I should start documenting this process properly so I can look back and say, "I did that."

No comments: